Online Job Application Tips
Getting hired for an online job is not as easy as getting hired for an offline job simply because there aren’t enough online jobs to go around. In a telecommuting job search, you are competing with a lot of people! So, if you really want to work from your home office then read on for some helpful tips on how to apply for and land a telecommuting “home” job.
1. Make Sure The Job You Are Applying For Is Real and Legitimate. This first tip is honestly really important because you don’t want to spend all day updating and tweaking your resume only to find out that the job you are applying for is a scam. Here at HJFM you never have to worry about that. We only share REAL jobs on our weekly lists.
2. Have an updated professional resume and tailor your resume to each specific job. You really have to find a way to make yourself stand out! Try this Resume Builder! If you don’t use a resume builder, please at least have someone critique and spell check your resume before sending it out.
3. Include a cover letter. Use a cover letter and explain why you are best for the job. The cover letter is how you are going to get a potential employer to notice you. You may want to read this article from Monster.com, Ten Cover Letter Don’ts
4. Follow directions completely. One sure-fire way to NOT get interviewed is by not following directions that the hiring official has set up. Hiring officials will see you as someone who is incapable of following directions and will quite possibly trash your resume.
5. Apply Quickly. What I mean by this is if you see an online job posting apply for it as soon as possible because if you don’t somebody else will. Chances are that any job you see online will be filled within a few days of it being posted.